Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

A Christmas Carol

I made a book... sort off!
A few weeks ago I picked up a Shadow Box book with no clue what I was going to do with it.  I decided to make it into a vintage holiday favorite... A Christmas Carol.  
Below are a couple of the steps to create this pretty vintage home decor project.

I started with the shadow box book I found at the $1 Store for $3.  I wanted a textured look for the book so I cut a piece of linen, frayed the edges and added some distress spray stain.


Spritz with some water to help the colour blend then set aside to dry.  I went over it with some distress inks to help that vintage look.  I cut the Candlelight 2 times and trimmed the top of one and attached the 2 pieces.  I used twine and a few sticks of hot glue for a thick paper look. 


I thought a band of gold might be pretty on the spine so I applied some thick hot glue stripes, wait if for it too cool then added some tarnished brass distress paint.  Super vintage looking.  Time for Tidings Paper to cover up the inside.


I put the gold paper away (who are we kidding, I don't have gold paper) and inked up a piece of watercolor paper with more tarnished brass for the book name.  I needed a small font and the Alphanumeric is perfect!  Line up for placement and glue.


I cut the Holiday Wreath die and inked with some pine needles distress spray stain.  For some bling a little Yuletide Embossing Powder.  I smeared some Tombow glue onto the Found Relatives card and sprinkled clear rock candy.  Then a little hue of colour with distress markers! 


I made a few mini boards to decorate the inside along with some ephemera and embellishments.  This is where you can have fun!


The Holiday Wreath has this pretty bow... perfect to cover up the seam.  I used the Make it 3D die for the candle so it looks like a thick candle.


Green and Gold for a festive book.


The pages look thick and old.


A festive surprise when you open it up.


I created this mini clip board, 4x6 and attached a hinge clip.  Then I added the boys, some ephemera and mini paper snowflakes all attached to the inside of the cover.


I created a second Mini Board for the main opening.  Layered with ephemera and holiday vintage goodies.


A trophy, mini tree and this adorable mini deer I flocked.  I attached the Medium Bow to the deer.  So easy to punch these.


These small retro glass ornaments tie in perfectly with the ephemera.


Layering these festive ephemera and the distress crayon technique is so fun!


Love the Retro Glass Ornaments.


A nice surprise when you open the book up.


I'll have to find a spot when the cats can't reach it!


Now that my fingers are super burnt from all the hot glue I can tick this project off my list.  Now I'm ready to move onto the next one.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope this gets you in the holiday mood.

Anything But Cute- Rustic Glam


Holiday Wreath
Alphanumeric
Tattered Pinecone
Mini Paper Snowflakes
Medium Bow
 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Fantastic Nicole! I love that movie, A Christmas Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a labor of love! This would make a great gift...if you could bear to part with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. So cool. Love each element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot even tell you how much I love this. You know I'm a sucker for books. I love how you made it look so real. The inside is just as amazing. Once again you have sparked my creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! definitely a project that has the Nicole touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolute masterpiece Nicole! Love the outside but the inside is just stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing & creative project! You never cease to amaze, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, I'm sure you heard that way up there! That was me as I spit out my coffee! I was so mesmerized by how you used linen for the outside of the box, and I couldn't wait to see how you made that candle, that I was completely caught off guard by the little scene inside your book! Truly a labor of love! I adore every square inch of this festive book box! The details are amazing, but my favorite part about this is that you used the fabric for the cover and added the glue strips with gold. Your collage is fantastic, and so nostalgic--love it to bits!

    Thank you for sharing this in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, what a stunning masterpiece of art, Nicole! I simply adore the outside and the inside of this incredible 3D piece! So vintage, so super creative and so beautiful! I am really impressed and inspired!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts