Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Holidays are looking Up

My daughter loves Up and she showed a cute Up inspired photo and asked if I could make one.  I said I could try and make it work with my circle punch.  A bit of a different take on this Holiday card.  
Check out how I made my Up inspired card.


I just got the Snowglobe and it's the perfect mini Up House.  I used my small 3/4" Stampin Up punch for the mini balloon cut with Tiding paper.  The Tree Lined Thinlit is cut with watercolor paper inked.


With the left over ink I inked my crinkle ribbon.  I cut the snowglobe houses a couple of times since I wanted to layer for a full big house.


Now that the pieces are ready I inked them with distress markers and a watercolor brush.  Then they took a dip in the clear rock candy distress glitter for an icy feel.  I cut the largest Sized Circle on chipboard to glue my teeny circles for the balloon.  I popped up a few balloons with 3D Foam Squares


A little twine attached and away we go!


Floating over the tree line.


I also added some clear rock candy distress glitter to the trees.


The snowglobe house has been popped up too along with a few glittery clouds.


I left the tree lined trees slightly curled so the house looks like it's floating from behind.


The balloons are rising about this 6x6 card.


Up with a Holiday Twist


It's looking like Christmas in my craft room these days.  I hope you're finding holiday inspiration in unlikely places too.  My daughter loves the card!

Challenges

Simon Says Monday- O Christmas Tree
Anything But Cute- Rustic Glam

Dies I used


Tree Lined
Snowglobe
Sized Circle 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. This just turned out to be an absolutely DELIGHTFUL card, Nicole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Disney movies ever. I wondered what you were doing with all those circle punches! THIS IS SO FUN!!! LOVE the houses too...super make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just down right clever and super cute! I bet she is so proud of her mom!!! :) Great ingenuity! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your UP houses, they are fabulous and such fun. A very clever and innovative idea Nicole! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an absolutely inventive idea for a card! I've never seen this theme idea before, but I love it and think it's a brilliant way to use circle punches! You were definitely "UP" for your daughter's challenge and did it justice. I also love the dimension you gave to your floating houses. This was a treat to see and I'm so glad you shared such a memorable piece of art with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your daughter has the creative gene with her as well. Very creative and unique design and use of the dies. I'll have to see this movie Up. Seems whimsical and fun. Genius idea to curl the trees, it really does look like the house if floating behind the tree line. Awesome sauce and fantabulous idea and execution.

    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Rustic Glam" challenge. Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super! Up is one of my all-time fav's. Congrats on the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, congratulations on your SSS Spotlight! Soooo well deserved! This is the sweetest and most whimsical card, and I'm so happy you were able to come up with a design for your daughter! I bet she is loving this! I'm amazed at your beautiful treeline and even more impressed you were able to capture the sparkle on camera! Way to go! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on SSS designer spotlight for the Christmas Tree Challenge! This is a fabulous project!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts