Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Fall Wish

This month the Inspiration Team for Eileen Hull is creating cards!  They all have some amazing ideas and creations they have been sharing.   


I went for a simple card using Eileen's Spring Leaves embossing folder and the Spring Leaves... turned to fall.  Using oven liner for the  basket weave embossing is a perfect layer.


After my watercolor paper is inked I ran the Spring Leaves die through the Vagabond.  To get that vein look leaves have I creased the leaves and inked.


They become realistic when you add ink.  I love this Core d' nations Glitter print paper.  You can ink it up and it stays all glittery with the new Holiday Words.


When cutting out the layered leaf for another project I kept the negative cut.  These can come in handy for these types of projects.


I used some ground espresso distress paint on the basket weave background.  Just as it starts to dry rub it off.  This pops the metal yet you still get some colour.


Bend and curl the leaves for a more realistic look.


How cut is this Metal Squirrel Charm


Perfect Fall card.


Be sure to check out what the team has been creating and get inspired.

Sizzix Dies Used

Layered Leaf
Tattered Pinecone
 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Love the embossing on the leaf, it really makes it stand out beautifully! Love, love, love the squirrel charm too... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the embossed leaf, and that you made it naked...I would be to afraid to just leaf it...lol! Gorgeous leaves too! Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Nicole, love the embossed metal leaf and creasing and inking the leaves is very effective, great technique! Deb Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is awesome Nicole! Really different (and cool) with the embossing behind the leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts